The ANPC is hosting a workshop on managing native vegetation remnants at two locations in NSW during 2012:
Scone 17 - 18 September
Moree 20 - 21st November
The workshop will provide participants with the skills required to plan, implement and monitor a project to manage and restore grassy woodland remnants.
Learning will be through a combination of theory presentations and field-based activities.
The workshop has a particular emphasis on managing grassy woodland remnants but is relevant to the management of other vegetation types.
Topics covered include:
- ecology of grassy woodlands;
- weeds and weed management in grassy woodlands;
- grassy woodland restoration;
- grazing for biodiversity;
- planning a management and restoration project;
- flora identification skills;
- identifying the natural values of a site and its threats;
- identifying vegetation community type;
- vegetation monitoring techniques; and
- where to get help including an overview of funding opportunities.
Places are limited.